Our classes are mostly tailored towards beginners where anyone can join; no previous experience in martial arts is necessary. The classes will cover all aspects of Capoeira; martial-arts, dance, music, abrobatics, culture, language and more. They focus on developing the students rhythm, reflexes, balance, coordination and increasing strength and flexibility as they learn.
However, the classes will also accommodate students with more experience in Capoeira, splitting the floor into groups when necessary. In addition to the basic, students at this level will be challenged by learning more complex movements and sequences as well as better understanding of Capoeira as a whole (history, music, game, etc.). These classes are usually more physically and mentally demanding. Our goal in practicing Capoeira is to improve:
- Your concentration: The attention paid to your adversaries' movements must be constant.
- Your perseverance: Perfect mastery of one’s body comes only after constant repetition and diligent practice.
- Your martial and spatial awareness: Knowing where to go, what to do and how to gain spatial advantages is crucial to martial arts.
- Your daringness: Little by little one’s fear of performing certain acrobatic movements is overcome.
- Your cunningness: In order to fool your adversary with unexpected sequences of movements.
Philosophy also plays a large part in Capoeira, hence, both inside and outside of classes, we strive to teach Respeito (Respect), Responsabilidade (Responsibility), Segurania (Safety/Security), Confiania (Self-Confidence), Malicia (Cleverness/Street-smarts), and Liberdade (Liberty/Freedom).
Student Code of Conduct
Please note that by training at our academy you expressly agree to our Student Code of Conduct outlined below.
- Train with focus and intensity, while respecting the integrity of others.
- Wearing flexible workout clothing, or the group uniform is required for training.
- Functional training attire must be worn under the uniform, training shorts and sport tops are recommended.
- Students must arrive on time for class, and remain for the duration of class. (If you are going to be late, please call ahead to inform the instructor before class starts, and upon arriving, always ask permission to train before getting changed. If you are required to leave early, make arrangements with the instructor before class starts.)
- All jewelry must be removed before class. No Exceptions.
- Please do not chew gum during class.
- Address the teacher and the other students by saying “Salve” upon entering and upon leaving the academy.
- Each student must take it upon himself or herself to keep the academy clean at all times.
- Monthly fees are due by the end of each month.
Interested in trying Capoeira? Your first week of classes are FREE!
Please wear comfortable workout gear. Long pants and a plain white t-shirt are recommended.
Ages 12 and up (please call ahead to arrange other age level).
Start Today! Schedule for a Free Class
We hold our classes on:
Mondays: 6:00 - 8:00 PM (Capoeira - All Levels)
Wednesdays: 6:00 - 8:00 PM (Music)
Anne Arundel Community College CADE bldg, 1st floor
101 College Parkway
Arnold MD 21012-1895
Thursday: 7:00 - 9:00 PM (Capoeira - All Levels)
7164 E Furnace Branch Road (Unit B)
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
For more information, contact us at:
Please check our Calendar and Events page for more info on the classes and special events.